Senior Developer, Amsterdam
About this opportunity
Steward Redqueen is seeking an experienced, highly energetic and entrepreneurial Senior Developer to lead development projects and help to set the direction of the software solutions business unit.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining bespoke and potentially SaaS product(s). As a Senior Developer, you will work closely with project managers, designers, and other developers to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality software products. You will also play a key role in achieving the ambitious growth strategy we have set.
Steward Redqueen & the team:
Steward Redqueen is an international company that aims to make business work for society by advising clients such as leading financial institutions, impact funds and Fortune 500 companies on sustainability and impact related challenges. The digital solutions team is a team of highly driven and entrepreneurial individuals who are passionate about creating meaningful impact by building bespoke and scalable solutions. Our solutions allow customers to manage ESG risks, enable purpose driven leadership by giving data-backed insights on their direct and indirect value chain impact, or supported impact through the investments they make. The increased urgency created by pending regulation and broader society, makes our work bigger and more important. We have big plans, and we need you to achieve these.
What you will do:
- Develop, implement and maintain software solutions
- Collaborate with project managers, designers, and other developers to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality, bespoke and/or easily scalable software products
- Lead development efforts for projects, ensuring code quality, scalability, and maintainability
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues in existing code and provide solutions
- Ensure all development projects are completed on time and within budget
- Develop a positive and collaborative culture where mentoring junior developers and contributing to their growth and development is essential
- Responsible for co-designing and implementing roadmaps and everything that comes with doing so, including building and managing a team
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development and apply them to improve our products
About our ideal candidate
Ideally you are equipped with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Proven track record and 5+ years of experience in software development with a strong understanding of software architecture, design patterns, and best practices
- Experience in developing web applications using modern web development technologies such as React / Vue.js, vuex/redux or similar frameworks
- MUI, Antdesign or similar design frameworks
- Experience with backend development using Node.js, Python, or similar technologies
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDb
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ideal candidate is located in the Netherlands, but we are also open to remote applications
About our offer
Working at Steward Redqueen offers:
- Work that contributes to society
- 50/50 hybrid working model in an international environment
- 25 days to relax
- Opportunity to gain a lot of responsibility in a short timeframe
- Competitive salary
- A flat collaborative working environment where personal development is key and supported
- Yes, there is such a thing as a free lunch and snacks
- Social events and a yearly company weekend
About our process
Does this describe you and are you ready to make a difference and start a new entrepreneurial adventure? Apply today by submitting your CV and a short motivation letter covering the following questions (max 150 words/question):
- What triggered you to apply for this job?
- What sets you apart from your peers?
- What is your experience in coding and building/launching software applications?
- Can you give an example of a professional accomplishment that you are proud of?
Please submit your application before 26 May by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org