Associate (Amsterdam office)
Steward Redqueen is a consultancy firm with the mission to make business work for society. We develop strategies and tools to enable our clients to understand and manage their economic, environmental, and social impact.
For our work we rely on four core competencies:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of complex problems;
- Implementation of sustainability and impact in operational processes and strategies;
- Building capacity among (financial) institutions on sustainability;
- Development of software tools to enable efficient management of sustainability and impact.
Our clients vary from multinationals such as Heineken and Coca-Cola, to financial institutions such as the African Development Bank and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and societal organizations such as the Council for Refugees.
We are headquartered in Amsterdam and have offices in Singapore and Washington DC.
As an associate, you will support our team in the execution of various projects. Your tasks will vary between doing research, designing models to integrate sustainability in operations, collecting and analysing information to formulate strategies, developing training programs, and designing sustainability toolkits. Your work will rely substantially on data analysis, quantitative methods, and Excel. You will work under the supervision and guidance of consultants, senior consultants, directors and/or partners.
The working environment
Working at Steward Redqueen means being part of an energetic and passionate team. Our working environment is:
- Dynamic, as we work together on several projects at a time;
- Open, as we value everyone’s opinion and challenge the status quo;
- Inclusive, as we work for clients from different cultural backgrounds, and we strive to have a diverse team.
Last but not least, we aim to help all our associates grow in their careers. We will support you in drawing your own career development plan and will provide the resources you need to implement it.
We are looking for an enthusiastic recent graduate. Relevant internship/work experience is appreciated but not required. As our next colleague, you:
- Have a Master’s degree: although many of us studied Economics and Business, we also have colleagues with degrees in Political Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Languages. We are always open to hear from people with different backgrounds as long as they have excellent quantitative skills;
- Believe in Steward Redqueen’s mission, and have affinity with the firm’s focus and activities;
- Can solve complex problems and have experience in data analysis in Excel and other platforms;
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
We are looking for a candidate based in the Netherlands; while we have a flexible work environment, we encourage associates and consultants to split their time between home and the office to stimulate creativity and knowledge sharing.
The application process
To apply, please:
- Submit your CV;
- Tell us something about yourself, your experience and interests, and why you want to apply for this position.
The application process consists of two rounds: during the first round we would like to get to know you; the second round will be a case study interview.
Submissions should be done in English. The deadline to submit your application is June 19th and we are looking for someone available to start as soon as possible.
All documents should be sent to Steward Redqueen at email@example.com.